ACE helps students prepare for the semester

Bella Dibenedetto
Everyone enjoying 2000’s music while decorating their new planners.

Welcome Week events not only help students connect with each other, but it’s also a great way to get some free school materials and academic tips! This past week Asheville Campus Entertainment (ACE) held an event to assist students in planning for the fall semester. The Syllabi and Spaghetti event took place last Wednesday in Highsmith’s Blue Ridge room.

The Academic Success Center joined the event by sharing tips to help with time management, completing tasks and assignments beyond the bare minimum. 

“This is my first year on the student-run entertainment board, and I really enjoy volunteering for the events we have here on campus,” said senior Eden Simmons, a biology major. 

Everyone who attended was encouraged to grab a planner to help organize their workload and fill their plate with spaghetti, because who doesn’t love free pasta? Along with the provided planners, ACE brought a large assortment of stickers and a wide variety of washi tape for decorating. In order to make sure every student was able to create their own unique agenda, each round table had a different medley of decals and tape designs. 

“I think these types of events are really important, because they provide supplies to students who may not have access to them.” Simmons said. 

Don’t worry if you missed out on any of the events this past week. ACE has another seven days of fun events planned for us Bulldogs. This Wednesday from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m., Brown Dining Hall is having a Meet the Chef event, where UNCA’s new Executive Chef Hassan Abassary will be available for feedback and questions. Later that evening Campus Rec is hosting an open house for the Student Recreation Center. So stop by from 7:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. to play paddle board dodgeball, or if you don’t feel like getting your hair wet, maybe live action Mario Kart is more your speed.

Check out the Rocky Connect website to find out what’s going on the rest of the semester! https://unca.campuslabs.com/engage/events?categories=21272